Wednesday 31 March 2010

What Rubbish

Living in the country, it should come as no surprise that I like to see it looked after. But it seems plenty of car drivers have other ideas.

Now when I'm driving the Crimper roadster here and there, it would never cross my mind to get rid of any crisp bags, sweet wrappers, sandwich wrappers, plastic drinks bottles anywhere other than in the plastic carrier bag attached to the glove compartment door.

Others though think it's perfectly acceptable to open the window and lob things to the side of the road.

As you drive, you may not notice the result too much. However, if you walk as I did recently, you may be in for a surprise. On a mile walk along an A road between two villages, I counted 396 items of rubbish...on one side of the road.

Keep your rubbish in your car or lower your window? For many it's not a tough decision. I despair sometimes, I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment