Tuesday 2 March 2010

Utter Rubbish

If I was an inventor, I know what would be number one on my "to do" list.

I'd invent a rubbish disposal and recycling system with various compartments. That would stop me dragging assorted boxes out to the front kerb on different days of the week.

At the moment, it's a black sack for landfill on one day of the week. A green box for paper, cans and plastic bottles on another. Once a fortnight I can have cardboard and garden waste collected if I'm prepared to pay £34.50 a year to the local council.

I'm not. I take those items to the tip along with soft plastic and waxed drink containers which can only be disposed of there along with pressurised cans, oil, fridges and goodness knows what else.

Talk about complicated. Mrs Crimper long ago abdicated all responsibility, assuring me it was all too much to remember. Imagine instead, a once a week collection unit with various compartments standing outside the back door. You could even add your own labels.

Come on designers of Britain! Even if the waste industry isn't waiting for your solution, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment