Wednesday 17 February 2010

Shame on You: The O2

On Saturday I had a ticket to see Eric Clapton and Jeff Back at the O2. And awfully good it was too.

Luckily I got to see the whole concert which is more than many who were relying on public transport to get them home. The concert finished around 11.10 and with a 30 minute walk and wait to get into the unsurprisingly busy tube station and around another 25 minutes journey time into Central London, it should have been obvious to the O2 that catching your last mainline train home might be a touch tricky.

So why, yes why indeed, start the concert at 8pm? It was a Saturday and an earlier start might have meant far fewer people rushing for the doors during the latter part of the event. When you've paid £75 or more for a ticket (I kid you not), you deserve better organisation.

As it was, I thought the timing might work against me, so I went through the bizarre scenario of driving into Central London, parking the car and catching the tube out again to the O2. I returned to my car at 10 minutes after midnight.

Am I alone in thinking that such lax organisation is an absolute disgrace?

No comments:

Post a Comment