Monday 26 July 2010

Poles Apart

I can be a bit bloodyminded some of the time. Alright, most of the time.

But when your local power company come and plonk a wooden pole on your grass verge and tell you there's nothing you can do about it, it's fair to say I am not happy.

All to do with new rules and regulations about raising cables higher and I don't doubt it has to happen whether I like it or not.

But when the same company bang on the door and tell you they would now like to connect a new cable and could I turn my power off, a chap can get a tad cross.

So I told the chap. When someone from your organisation has the courtesy to write to me and tell me what is going on, why it is necessary and sorry for the inconvenience, then I'll happily allow you to step onto my property and complete the job.

I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment