Friday 2 July 2010

Keep Taking The Pills

There are rather a lot of pills dotted around the Crimper household and most of them seem to be taken by yours truly.

A list would take up far too much space but suffice it to say they are for a variety of ailments, real and imagined.

As a result, I am a dab hand on the pillpopping front. Open mouth, swallow. Simple as that.

I've never bothered with a little water to wash them all down, because I've never needed to.

A few days ago though, after a swift swallowing session, I noticed a rather unpleasant and slightly burning sensation in my throat. I didn't connect it to the aforementioned until I realised that there was an exceptionally pungent garlic taste appearing in my mouth.

Yes indeed, one of the little blighters had got stuck. Awful, awful, awful. Moral learned. Take water after taking pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment